Applies to :
- I want to install the software on my D:\ drive, but the installer does not allow me to select another location
- mccPILOTLOG does not find the default Application Data Directory, which is stored on my D:\ drive
For detailed background information read here :
The application is default installed in the following 2 locations :
Program Files directory
The start-up splash screen is located in the Program Files folder,
typically : C:\Program Files (x86)\MCC Pilotlog
- The desktop icon must point to mccPILOTLOG.exe in the Program Files directory
- The other application takes care of updating the logbook.
- Do not move these applications outside the Program Files directory !
Application Data directory
The main logbook application and database are located in the Users folder,
typically : C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\MCC Pilotlog
To store mccPILOTLOG files in another location, continue as follows :
- Edit the desktop icon and change the Properties (image 1)
- Add your work directory to the application link in the Target field, as follows (image 2) :
"C:\Program Files\MCC Pilotlog\mccPILOTLOG.exe" D:\Users\AppData\Roaming\MCC Pilotlog
"C:\Program Files\MCC Pilotlog\mccPILOTLOG.exe" F:\My Pilot Job\Flight Records\MCC Pilotlog
- the application path has quotation marks, but the work directory path should not have quotation marks !
- insert 1 space between the application path and the work directory path
- the work directory should not end with \ slash, but with the folder name, e.g. "...\MCC Pilotlog" and not "...\MCC Pilotlog\"
- do not write the path in the Start field, the path must be added to the Target field
Img 1 - Right-Mouse click and choose Properties
Img 2 - Edit the Target field (not the Start in field)